Saturday 16 January 2010

Happy New Year

I have had an extended break and am now well and truly settled into my new role. I seem to be forever apologising for not updating this blog, but then if time does not permit? As always I start this new year with the best intentions to update more frequently. Lets see what happens.

The first article that I am going to present will give a good indication of my bias for the year ahead. As followers of this blog will know, I am a medium term dollar bull as per my earlier post. I see Aussie dollar bulls as mindlessly following a momentum trade that reminds me of the emerging market madness just before the crap out in 2008. With that in mind take a look at the following:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/284509#tab=comments&sc=0&contribute=&local=

Remember which nation was once the biggest borrower in the world? Look what happened to them. YOU CANNOT BORROW YOUR WAY TO PROSPERITY. Australia, and China for that matter, are ticking time bombs. As a trader I would say have your fun. But depending on what you are trading you may be engaging in the greater fool theory. It never ends well, remember Japan.... As an investor I would say get out of risky positions (particularly in Australia) and book what profits you have. There are far better investments out there.

I intent to update a couple of times today so do come back for more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment